Welcome to ToTG!



August 12, 2014

On Second Thought....

From the Quote of the Day module in the right-hand column:

I often regret that I have spoken; never that I have been silent.
 - Publilius Syrus

When I first read this, I thought it would make a great post for my Facebook wall, but just after I posted it, I thought about it some more and deleted it. Why?

Well, there ARE times I wish I had said something but didn't.  I should have stood up for guys back in school who were getting bullied by older kids, should have said something when I have been insulted or received poor service from clerks and waitresses,  should have said something when someone was spreading lies or malicious gossip...but I didn't, and in most of those cases I regret that more than the times I said something I shouldn't have.

No comments: