Welcome to ToTG!



August 17, 2014

cacography


cacography\ kuh-KOG-ruh-fee \  noun

1. poor penmanship; bad handwriting.
2. incorrect spelling.

I don't recall writing a letter since I've owned a computer and since I've had a debit card, I don't think I've written more than a dozen checks.  Here lately, due to security concerns, I've been using credit cards instead of debit.  Depending upon the card, unless the amount is over a certain number, I don't even have to sign, but now and then I have to sign the touch pad machine and my signature is usually illegible. (but the machine takes it anyway)  I always imagine my sixth grade teacher- who tried his best to teach me penmanship -  as rolling over in his grave.

I seldom misspell words these days, either, thanks to spell check. 

In fact, it told me I needed to correct "misspell" and "illegible".

No comments: