Welcome to ToTG!



May 1, 2014

Droopy May Flowers

This is a post from 5/13/08, but the exact same thing happened again, too weird.  I changed out the flower, but this time Photobucket appended the URL with a bunch of characters at the end, so I had to change the code in the script to point to the new URL.   I'd show the example of the non-working animation, but I deleted it.  It looked the same, but the flowers would open once, then stop.  I don't have a clue as to why they would do that, but I'm going to have to find out.  I guess the link code gets corrupted somehow on Photobucket's servers, that's the only explanation I got.

I dunno;  maybe the animation got tired after five? six? years of working.  It only had to work one month out of each year, though, so....

 photo may_md_wht_zps87c7ed16.gif


Not for sure why, but my May flowers aren't blowing in the breeze.

The images for the day/date script are in my Photobucket album, and the .gif is animated on the album view, but not in the individual view.

There's got to be some logical explanation, probably a very simple one that my simple mind cannot comprehend, but for the life of me, I cannot figure it out.

Funny thing: this same animation has given me some problems before. When I first found the script five + years ago, I noticed that the "May" ani wasn't moving. The month animations are from Animation Factory and I already had the disks, so it was n/p to replace/rename the animation to work in the script.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Wierd. I tried putting it on a groups messageboard using the html and same result, no animation.

Mike said...

Weird, huh?

Maybe Garazon will see this post, figger it out f/ me. He's done that a lot in the seven/eight years I've known him. -grin-

garazon said...

Oh I forgot all about this as I had seen the post but the animation was working for me at the time so I just thought you had sorted it and didnt comment, I suck at being on time .. I know lol