Welcome to ToTG!



May 22, 2014

Bad Spell Check!

A fellow blogger and friend of mine had an exchange the other day about coffee creamer on this post: Hot or Cold Dinks. When I was replying to his comment, I was trying to spell out "hellatious" - which means, at least to me - "hell like". I wasn't for sure how to spell it, having said it plenty of times in my life but I don't recall ever writing it out.

I noticed it was underlined, so I figured the dictionary had the proper spelling.  Uh, nope...that's not it.


I went with "heckuva" instead.

3 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

hellaciously funny anecdote!

Mike said...

A little past the "G" rating I try to maintain, but it just floored me that that was what was suggested.

Mike said...

And, I thought it a little ironic that I used "blowing" in the sentence.