Welcome to ToTG!



May 15, 2014

The Show - Lenka

I've posted a couple of her songs in here and really like them as well as this one, too.  It's been out for several years and I'm surprised I hadn't seen this video before.



I finally got around to watching Moneyball last night, the story of how Billy Beane turned around a major league baseball team, the Oakland Athletics. Great movie, but there was a scene in the movie where Beane (played by Brad Pitt) is buying a guitar for his young daughter Casey (Kerris Dorsey) and she sits down and sings a little bit of the song for him. The melody is pretty and I felt as though I had heard it before and it didn't take but a few minutes of searching to find that it was originally done by Lenka.

Here's the clip from the movie:



Ms. Dorsey is a cute young woman and I predict she'll have a bright future with her acting career and maybe even singing with a little bit of coaching. What really struck me was how much she resembled a good online friend's daughter - they're not identical twins by any means, but the shape of their faces and their smiles are similar.

I like kids and particularly when they're that age;  they're (usually) still sweet and yet old enough to treat as older and fun to talk to.  I really enjoyed the few scenes with Pitt and Dorsey in them and especially the last scene of the movie, was heart-warming and I felt like shedding a tear when Pitt was tearing up.  Of all the things I regret in this world, especially the things I DIDN'T do, I wish I could have had children. -sigh-

1 comment:

sharintexas said...

I wish you could have too Mike. I would loved to have had a nephew and a few more nieces. But I am going to be a great grandmother this summer. That's wild, isn't it?