Welcome to ToTG!



June 16, 2009

Walk Don't Run - The Ventures

Was saddened earlier today to hear of the passing of Bob Bogle, co-founder and lead guitarist of the Ventures.

From The News Tribune of Tacoma:

Bogle, a resident of Vancouver, Wash., was 75 when he died on Sunday. He suffered from non-Hodgkin lymphoma and became too frail to play with the Ventures in his waning years, but lived long enough to see his band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March 2008.

When I was a kid, I used to listen over and over and over again to the Ventures albums we had until I wore them out; Golden Greats was the first thing I bought with the very first money I ever earned. It's one of my Top Ten favorite albums.



Back in November I posted Sleepwalk.

RIP Bob Bogle

2 comments:

Alison said...

Great music, so glad this guy at least lived to feel proud and enjoy the honor of being in the R&RHF before passing away.

Mike said...

I love their music; they were one of the first groups that did "surf rock" and deserved to be in the HOF at least a decade before they were finally inducted.

They were the inspiration for me wanting to play guitar, yet their talent was also what discouraged me from keeping on with it...they were just so good.

Thanks for posting!