Welcome to ToTG!



September 29, 2009

Tornado Trivia

From today's Start Sampling poll:



I'm in the minority segment of the poll takers with my "Yes" answer. The number would be smaller if the question had been "Have you ever been IN a tornado?" and I would've been in that group, too. In fact, the question could have been plural, i.e. "Have you ever been in tornadoes?" and my answer would still have been "Yes". Each of my "in the tornado" experiences was terrifying, but also had humorous aspects that might make for an interesting story. (and I *might* write something about them sometime in the future)

The site also has daily trivia:



Again, my answer is with those in the minority. I'm fairly certain tornadoes don't normally travel at 90 or even 60 mph.

They move fast enough to make you swallow your gum, though.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I don't think I could ever live where those things are common place. They scare the crap out of mee. That ONE we had near here last some was scary enough. When I saw what it did to the houses and trees I was surprised there weren't massive casualties.