Welcome to ToTG!



February 6, 2010

With Pepper Gravy and Mashed Potatoes



You Are Chicken Fried Steak



You are bold and fearless. You tend to think big, and that includes eating big.

If you're going to go out to eat, then you're going to order something amazing. No salads for you!

You live in the now. You figure the future is uncertain, so you might as well just make the best of today.

You don't believe in moderation or holding back. You just go for it, consequences be damned.





And today is Chicken Fried Steak day at the local United Supermarket deli. I'm thinkin' 'bout goin' and get me one. I might even take a picture and post it.

It really is my favorite meal; on Saturday mornings I've been known to go get breakfast at Granny's Cafe -two eggs over easy w/ hash browns and a chicken fried steak, biscuit and gravy; then for a late lunch I'll go to United and get the special. I've even gone back to the grocery store for supper and got the chicken fried steak again. (Usually take-out in the evening; that way I can bring it home and devour it w/out having to watch my table etiquette)

Of course, all that gravy and potatoes nearly puts me in a coma, but at the time it always seems worth it.


UPDATE: Went to the store, the line to the deli was too long, so I shopped a bit. I came back, the line was longer, but they had a huge pile of fresh-cooked steaks. After debating my hunger about standing in line, I wound up getting a broasted bbq chicken (NOT one the herb/southwest/garlic versions, ugh) I ate the legs, and plan on eating some more of the bird for lunch, then making me a nice chicken noodle soup from the remains.

I'm sort of glad the Beej doesn't like chicken like the old B did. My old cat would've smelled the chicken as soon as I pulled up in the drive...not kidding. Just saying "chicken!" could set him off.

No comments: