Welcome to ToTG!



June 18, 2010

Who Nose?

What makes someone do something like this?

After reading this story: Nose biter gets 10 years (for biting off the tip of a Clovis man's nose), I was reminded of a man I used to work for, several times on several different rigs. I could write for hours about him - he was quite a character - but will save that for another time. He fancied himself a pretty good brawler and bore several scars from past fights, one being a pretty good notch on one of his nostrils, about the size of half a dime coin. The old wound was from it being bitten by someone and I can't recall if I ever asked him if he won or lost the fight. I don't know why I didn't ask, or can't remember. That's been a long time ago, that'll have to be my excuse.

I do remember telling my dad about how tough this man was, how much of a fighter he was and described the scar to him. Pop mulled the information over for a few seconds and blithely replied:

"Doesn't sound like he's THAT tough if someone can hold him down and bite off his nose."

I've been in a few scraps in my life, won several, lost a couple, some were pretty severe both ways, but I never gave anyone the chance to bite off a piece of my nose. Guess I'm tougher than I thought I was.

Hope everyone nose that.

No comments: