Welcome to ToTG!



March 8, 2014

Harp Twins

At first I thought it might be a Harry Potter parody that appeared on my YouTube recommendations, a video of Hedwig's Theme done on harps...by twins, no less. I watched it and even though it was obvious it wasn't an expensive, professionally done production, it still was entertaining. (even if you're not a fan of the harp, what's not to like about the HP theme...and two pretty young girls? Well, I guess if you hate HP and are female yourself....)

I checked out their channel - Camille and Kennerly - and subscribed, mostly because of this video. I've seen all kinds of covers of their music, but I've NEVER seen an AC/DC tune done on harps.



Like that? Check out their rendition of Don't Fear The Reaper. That song fits the harps a little better than Highway to Hell, JMO....although Sweet Child O' Mine is pretty darn good, too. They not only do covers of rock classics, they also did a great job on Scarborough Fair and Ghost Riders In The Sky, showing that harps can sound good in any genre of music.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Quite good ,Chester said 'very good' and he liked the music also hahahaha.
I watched another video the other day a friend posted of 2 Cellos doing Thunderstruck on their instruments, and wow that was I thought very good , go look it up if you didn't see it on Facebook already , quite entertaining .

Mike said...

I looked at a few more videos and they've also got one of "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd and it made me think of Chester- not sure why, either he had once mentioned he liked that song or had posted it in his own blog some time back. I also read more about the girls, they're really smart, graduating w/ honors and have black belts in some discipline (forget which one),were competitive swimmers plus also do a lot of charitable work.

I started following their FB page, but might have to unfollow as they seem to post multiple times/day. I like 'em, but I have other pages that do the same thing, wish they'd slow down a bit. One thing I noticed is they reply or like every comment on their page, not many people do that and they get quite a few comments.

Don't think I've seen that video, but I do like the cello and Thunderstruck is one of my fav. AC/DC tunes. (It's about Texas groupies)

Alison said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Hope this link works so you can go take a look if you want to .
Yes Chester does like that song a lot , Pinki Floyd and AC/DC are his favourites along with Grand Funk.
Have a good night Mike , off to watch a movie as my son is here this weekend , Cptn. Phillips.

Mike said...

That.was.freaking.awesome.

I think nearly all AC/DC tunes are about sex, come to think of it. At least all the good ones are. -grin-