Welcome to ToTG!



July 8, 2014

Allrecipes

Last month I posted a video and review of Food Wishes, a part of Allrecipes.  Today I'm focusing on the "parent" site and YouTube channel.

I've subscribed to Allrecipes in my reader for nearly as long as I've been using a reader and it's one of my favorite recipes sites.  Just like any other site, I don't care for ALL the recipes, but most seem to be great and I particularly like reading the reviews of a recipe before deciding to save it or not.  Also, like any recipe site worth its salt (no pun intended...at least, not until after I had written it), it's easy to navigate, with well-defined categories and many of the recipes have accompanying videos.

There's the option to go "Pro" for a fee, nothing too outrageous IMHO.  This allows the subscriber a menu planner, a custom recipe feature that allows alterations to a dish, advanced printer options and nutrition search not available with the "freebie" membership.  (Disclaimer: I'm a cheapskate and have the free membership.)

Along with their regular YouTube channel, they have a UK version: Allrecipes UK | Ireland. (If the vids were narrated by a sexy Irish female accent, I'd probably subscribe, to heck with the metric ingredient measurements!)

Here's one of the latest videos;  I've been craving these for a while.

How to Grill Baby Back Ribs

No comments: