Welcome to ToTG!



July 3, 2007

Shroud of Turin



This is the Shroud of Turin exhibit at the Groom Cross. The replica of the shroud is on the wall in the photo above. Before this, I haven't taken photos in there because I'm not convinced of the "real" shroud's authenticity but also due to the fact that's almost the only thing in there.

I did notice an odd reflection when I went in; I was hoping to catch the reflection of the huge cross through the large windows, but instead I got the light coming in through the lovely door into the building.



It's not just the massive cross structure that endears the site to me, nor is it the bronzes that ring the location, some of which stir my emotions as I've never before experienced, but it's the "little things" such as this door that prove to me that this is indeed a labor of love and intended to be the best that the "owners" can make it be.

No comments: