Welcome to ToTG!



February 16, 2013

Carpet Sprouts

Note:  Originally published on November 11, 2008. I noticed a hit on an old post from that month and got to looking though some of them. (checking to see if the videos still worked, etc.) I just bumped it up because I thought it funny and have been slacking off on posting here lately. Hey, if no one has seen it, it's new to them, right?


The young couple had just started to move in a few houses down from me. I went down, introduced myself and offered to help them move in. They were grateful, but declined and told me before they moved their furniture in, they were going to shampoo the carpets. I agreed that that was a good idea as the last tenants had been less than tidy people.

I noticed them down there until later that night, then the next day the guy knocked on my door. He asked me to come down to see something strange at his new digs, so I followed him into the house.

The house was almost unbearably hot and humid, not something I wanted to experience on a normal hot and humid Texas afternoon. The wet heat hit me as soon as I walked through the door. He told me they had shampooed the carpet the night before, then turned on the heater to help it dry.

Until the day I die, I will probably never see another sight as I did that day. There, poking up out of the shag carpet, were thousands and thousands of little white sprouts, tiny things with little green leaves coming out of the tops and I recognized them immediately: they were freshly sprouted....

....pot plants.

I had seen this phenomenon before, albeit on a much smaller scale, a long time ago when my wife and I moved into some less-than-clean quarters.

The moral to the story is: Vacumn before you shampoo the carpet. If you smoke pot, flush the seeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha awww that's tooo funny ... AMZING!! ... but funny hehehe