Welcome to ToTG!



July 22, 2009

Hail, South Dakota!

From Wiki:

Hail! South Dakota! (1943) is the official state song of South Dakota, selected by popular vote. It was written and composed by DeeCort Hammitt (1893-1970).

Lyrics (midi file, so you can sing along)

Hail! South Dakota! a great state of the land;
Health, wealth and beauty, that's what makes her grand;
She has her Black Hills, and mines with gold so rare,
And with her scenery, no other state can compare.

Come where the sun shines, and where life's worth your while;
You won't be here long, till you'll wear a smile;
No state's so healthy, and no folk quite so true.
To South Dakota we welcome you.

Hail! South Dakota! the state we love the best,
Land of our fathers, builders of the west;
Home of the Badlands, and Rushmore's ageless shrine,
Black Hills and prairies, farmland and sunshine.
Hills, farms and prairies, blessed with bright sunshine.



What's this got to do with this blog, one more-or-less devoted to this part of Texas? Well, South Dakota is the only state that's not represented by a visitor since I put in the state Flag Counter at the bottom of the page a couple of months ago. North Dakota was the next-to-last state, but someone from there visited yesterday. (thanks for the heads-up, Barb!)

I don't know what it was that kept that part of the country from visiting; decency and good sense, I reckon.

Maybe, just maybe, Google will index this soon and someone from the state will be searching for the lyrics or melody and click on the link. If it doesn't, then I'll title a post "South Dakota Gay Dwarfs Who Love Their Sister's Feet".

That'll bring 'em from all over, betcha.

(although "out of the woodwork" isn't a state)

6 comments:

Alison said...

rofl cant wait to see the results.

Barb said...

Still think it's hilarous that "Your Sister's Feet" seems to bring in the most hits. :-P

Mike said...

I still get hits on the gay dwarf one, too.

What gets me is how fast it got to 49, counting DC, but both N and S. Dakota were the lone holdouts for a month or longer. I've thought about asking in a forum if there was anyone from S. Dakota there and begging them to come to this blog.

Actually, it's pretty funny. Maybe I'll write Beary, get her to ask some of her kinfolk from up that way to drop by, gimme my last hit I need.

Thanks for posting!

sharintexas said...

I cannot believe that people all over the world have read about my feet. I'm quite sure they were disappointed when it wasn't about something kinky. They better be careful or I'll pinch them with my toes!

Good luck with getting someone from South Dakota to visit. I don't know anyone there or I'd try and help.

Mike said...

If you'd supply some PHOTOS of your feet, sis, I'd get tons more hits. -grin-

sharintexas said...

I did just paint my nails bright red tonight, so I might just do that!