Welcome to ToTG!



July 27, 2009

The Potato Girl

An old joke that I wish I had remembered last week.



There once was a young girl potato who had potato parents who loved her and tried to give her everything she needed or wanted. They bought her the best clothes, bought her a nice car and sent her to the best schools.

One day she came home from college and announced she was getting married. Her parents were worried she was making a rash and wrong decision and told her so.

"We'd like you to finish school." they told her.

"No, I want to get married." she informed them. "I don't care about college. The man I want to marry is smart and successful enough for both of us."

"Well, who is this guy you want to marry?" they asked.

"Walter Cronkite." she said.

"You can't marry HIM!" her parents exclaimed.

"Just why not???" she asked.

"Well...." her folks said, choosing their words carefully.

"He's just a common tater."

No comments: