Welcome to ToTG!



July 19, 2009

I Slept Through the Monsoon

This is a screenshot of my TV screen, taken just a few minutes ago; it's the local radar channel and has warnings when the weather is severe, as well as temps, wind speed and direction and total rainfall.



I'll crop and magnify the troubling details:



Surprisingly, it's fairly dry out for getting close to a hundred inches of rain earlier. I've always loved sleeping to the sound of rain, but I must have been really out of it because I didn't hear a single drop hit the roof last night.

I'm certainly glad I didn't hear the forecast yesterday evening, or I'd have spent my time building an ark.

I'm a little worried about the wind that's in store for today, though. Hope my lawn chairs don't wind up in Oklahoma.



Heck, I hope my pickup stays in the driveway. I might even need to lash down my anvil.

4 comments:

sharintexas said...

Good grief, Mike. Put some rocks in your pockets, too! We don't want you in Oklahoma along with your lawn chairs. I'll bet it's taken 20 years for the Texas Panhandle to get 99.99 inches of rain!

Mike said...

That's Ch. 11, the radar and warning channel. I was paying my bill at the cable office a few months ago and mentioned all the weird stuff I see on it, particularly computer errors, and the lady told me the city police are in charge of that channel.

One time I saw them having to reboot, then saw the password screen come up. I wish I had copied it down when they signed on.

What's really funny is when I see the "blue screen of death".

When the weather is good and not expecting any storms, they sometimes show a view from a webcam atop city hall. I've thought about going down there and mooning it, but it IS just across the street from the police station and caddy-corner from the county jail.

sharintexas said...

I'll save back some money to pay your bail if you ever decide to moon the radar. That would be worth it!!

Barb said...

That's an even funnier post now I know the local PD is in charge of that station, lol!