Welcome to ToTG!



December 25, 2013

You Just Might Be A Scrooge

From the Photobucket archives:


You Just Might Be A Scrooge...

If your only contact with three spirits on Christmas Eve is gin, vodka and bourbon.

If you turn on the lawn sprinklers on Christmas Eve to keep carolers away.
 
If you buy all of your Christmas gifts at a store that also sells gas.

If your favorite version of "Babes in Toyland" stars Michael Jackson.

If you get your Christmas Tree at a rest stop at night.

If you give bathroom fixtures as Christmas gifts.

If your prized Christmas ornament is Santa Claus shooting the moon.

If your favorite Christmas movie is Jurassic Park.

If your idea of Christmas dinner is a six pack of beer and a cheese log.

If you think "Ho, Ho, Ho" is a line from a Rocky movie.

If your best Christmas tradition involves a fire and reindeer meat.

If your favorite version of "Silent Night" is sung by OJ Simpson.

If your favorite past time is putting defective bulbs in your neighbors' string of Christmas lights or defacing Christmas lawn caricatures with egg nog.

And, finally - if your only holiday decoration is a rotting pumpkin - you just might be a Scrooge.


2 comments:

Carolea said...

LOL all Valeries friends gave us booze for Christmas 2, rums, 1 brandy, 1 jim beam 2 big large jugs of eggnogg. of course they stayed over to help drink. and Valerie talked them into working also. they rolled all the old furnutire in the back yard. I'd reckon some place there was a full moon.

Mike said...

I never liked alcoholic eggnog, but used to get a quart of it and drink it while eating cookies. I'm just not a fan of mixing booze w/ milk, but when I worked at the liquor store, we sold a lot of Mudslides, Colorado Bulldogs, etc. I think it's mostly women who drink that sweeter stuff, just my observation.

It was sad seeing people w/ small children buy so much booze on Christmas, esp. knowing them and knowing they really couldn't afford it. That said, booze is a pretty good present, one of the few times I would ever "support someone's bad habit". I don't ever remember drinking during Christmas, but I love champagne f/ New Year's. Haven't had any in yrs., always think I'll buy me a bottle of the cheap stuff, but don't. My folks used to buy several bottles of pink champagne or cold duck and I guess that's where I developed a taste for it. Mom would stay up w/ me to see the new yr. in and would let me finish off the bottle(s). I'd get a buzz, but not drunk.