Welcome to ToTG!



August 16, 2007

Good Grief, Gobs of Goats!

"Hey, take MY picture!" this goat seemed to say to me as I was out taking photos of the mules, chickens, dogs and misc. other creatures out at the horse lots west of the Pampa city limits.



I swear, it kept bleating as if talking to me, but I think it was telling this other goat that it really shouldn't be outside the gate.



On down the road there was an entire pen full of goats and a couple of black sheep. I'm familiar with black sheep so I didn't take any photos. (seriously, they were shy and ran into the little barn when I got close. If you'll click the photo below you'll get a larger view and can see one of them, directly in the middle of all the other animals)



I love to take photos of goat's faces; they're so interesting and expressive.



I liked the coloration of this one, but when I'd poke my camera through the fence wire to get an unobstructed shot, he'd turn his head or another goat would try to eat my camera.



I finally lured him into a frontal view with the offer of some tasty weeds.



Well, HE thought they were tasty; I'm more into spinach and endive.

2 comments:

Alison said...

That Black goat should be in movies, what an expression she has ! great photos I love them, you really do have a way with those animals , and that multi coloured one is quite attractive isnt he but something abot the black one caught my eye , looks like she is smiling, the brown /tan ones looks a bit mean though.

Barb said...

By the looks of the bleating goats udder I'd say that was her kid on the "wrong" side of the fence. See the family resemblance?

Great goat pics, can't wait to show beanie.