Welcome to ToTG!



August 7, 2007

15 Seconds of Fame

15 Seconds of TV Fame, but 24 hrs. of online fame, not really a lot of difference.

Submitted a Horny Toad photo, cropped some, to an Amarillo TV station's website and it was selected as the Photo of the Day; they even showed it on the five o'clock news and mentioned my name. It was funny because I had the subtitles on and it spelled out my last name in an amusing manner. (I'm used to it by this stage of my life, and it used to be annoying but these days I just try to see the humor in it)

I had someone come to the door just a minute before it started, so I didn't get to see all fifteen seconds of the spot. The female anchor said something about Texas Aggies, so a joke must have been made about TCU.

(TCU was interested in me as a football player back when I was a senior in h.s.; I once got a standard form letter from them addressed to: "Dear Athlete,". They really weren't too interested in semi-mediocre-sized fish in teensy-tiny ponds that played 8-Man football.)

Anyway, missed 3/4 of the program. Wished I'd taped it...

Nah, not really.

Here's a screenshot from the KVII Community section:



I'm a little worried about my "real name" being "out there" (you're not paranoid if someone really IS out to get you, you know) but I doubt Interpol watches Texas Panhandle television.

I've found my newest obsession: Submitting photos to KVII until they block my ISP or get a restraining order against me.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Cool!

A celeb in out midst!

So, do tell me you are going to keep count so we know just how many photos it does take before they block your ISP
=wink=

Mike said...

Yes, of course I will. Haven't I almost always yet infrequently kept you guys in the loop?

I'm so excited about this I will probably toss and turn ten or fifteen seconds in bed tonight before going to sleep.