Welcome to ToTG!



July 7, 2008

New Titles for the Aging

From the Photobucket archives:



Some of the artists of the '60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging Baby-Boomers. They include:

Herman's Hermits---Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker.

Ringo Starr---I Get By With a Little Help from Depends.

The Bee Gees---How Can You Mend a Broken Hip?

Bobby Darin---Splish Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash.

Roberta Flack---The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.

Johnny Nash---I Can't See Clearly Now.

Paul Simon---Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver.

The Commodores---Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.

Marvin Gaye---Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.

Procol Harem---A Whiter Shade of Hair.

Leo Sayer---You Make Me Feel Like Napping.

The Temptations---Papa's Got a Kidney Stone.

Abba---Denture Queen.

Tony Orlando---Knock Three Times on the Ceiling if You Hear Me Fall.

Helen Reddy---I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.

Leslie Gore---It's My Procedure, and I'll Cry if I Want To.

Willie Nelson---On the Commode Again.

2 comments:

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

LOL - comical!!! Love it. Thanks for the chuckle Mike.

Mike said...

My momma used to say "Gettin' old ain't for sissies." She'd have passed this email along, though.

It's sort of funny getting older; we don't like it, but there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Might as well accept it and keep a good attitude.

Never been scared of death, only of dying.

A couple years ago I was visiting with some friends when a young neighbor came over and was talking some trash about old folks. I was the eldest one there, so I took some offense.

I told the young whippersnapper:

"You'll be lucky...with that mouth... to live this long."