Welcome to ToTG!



May 17, 2009

Flag Counter

Stumbled across another nifty service similar to Feedjit; this one is Flag Counter, a free "sticky" counter that's easily customized to one's site or blog.

Here's an example of what it looks like:



The above screenshot is from the Flag Counter site.

From the website:

Add our free counter to any website, it's just a simple image. Every time someone from a new country visits your site, a new flag will be added to your counter. The total number of visitors from each country will be shown next to the flag, and clicking the counter image will reveal all sorts of useful information!

I put it at the very bottom of this "page" and have it set up for all flags and eight columns.

I know, I know...I'm overly optimistic. I'm lucky to get any visitors from other countries at all, except those with gay dwarf and sister's feet fetishes.

Flag Counter



EDIT/UPDATE

The counter has been up for one week and we've had 308 visitors from 41 countries with 700 visits.

4 comments:

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Hey Mike - haven't seen you around for a while, just wanted to say hello. :D

Barb said...

You find the neatest little gizmos. I like your Feedjit counter too.
Lately it's been showing me as visiting the site from Bedford MA. Not sure why.
Bedford mass is about as far south as Boston is from me and a bit west, maybe 50+ miles drive.

Mike said...

I noticed that, Barb. I have been wondering why it puts my sister as "United States" but perhaps that's because she has some sort of different firewall because she works at home using her computer.

Unknown said...

simple and low bandwidth use than Feedjit live traffic feed. Nice to know you ;)