Welcome to ToTG!



February 15, 2009

A Marriage Proposal

See?



Actually, it's not. What it is is the second in an exchange between me and a scammer spammer. I'm sure you've seen them:

Dear Friend,

I am Mary Kaka, the daughter of the former Democratic Republic of Congo, Late chief Anthony Kaka, before the assassination of my father; he deposited the sum of $10.5 million (Ten Million Five Hunderd Thousand Dollars) in Accra Ghana, which i have all the detail about the deposit.

I want to present you as my late father next of kin for the collection of the funds from the security where he deposited the money,because he did not mention any next of kin when deposited the money.

I want you to do your feasibility study on how to invest the funds in a lucrative investment in your country.

After your acceptance of my offer, i will introduce you to a lawyer that will help in getting the change of title in your favour as the beneficiary (afidavid) of the funds and make the shipment of the funds to you in your country. This will enable you to relate directly with the lawyer.

Please if you are interested in helping me, get back to me so that we can start the process of getting the money to your country ASAP.

I await your response

yours faithfully
Mary Kaka



And my reply:

I'll be more than happy to help you.

It will require some investment on your part, however. If you'll wire me $10,000 (US), I'll be glad to get a lawyer to represent you. Of course, my expenses will have to come out of that amount and you'll need to agree to send me more when I require it.

Regards,
Mike

I love to mess with these people's heads. It's so fun to act like I'm taking the bait; I send them stuff like that, then act confused when they write back. They'll then reassure me it's all on the up-and-up. They usually quit after I tell them that I'd rather not deposit it right away in my bank account, telling them the IRS is notified on any transaction over 10k and to just send it General Delivery. When they say that isn't possible, I'll give them a fake routing number on a fake bank.

Waste of time? Sure it is, but I certainly have more time than money and hey! If I'm keeping them busy with my nonsense, it's keeping them from bilking some poor ol' widow woman out of her life savings.

That Mary...she's sure full of Kaka, ain't she?

Here's a little present for ya, Mary: I'm posting your email addy so the spambots can nab it and send YOU some email.

marykaka1@indiatimes.com

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Full of Kaka? Mike you shouldda been a comedian.

Be sure and post any further responses from Mary, and if you like, tell her you have found her long lost brother, Mal, here in the states!

Mal Kaka

Mike said...

I'll do that! -grin-