Welcome to ToTG!



January 25, 2013

Mind-Warping Animations

The Mind-Warping Animated GIF Art of Paolo Čerić

From  Colossal:

Digital artist Paolo Čerić is currently studying information processing at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing in Croatia where his experiments with processing and digital art have resulted in a steady stream of fascinating animations which he publishes on his blog Patakk. Čerić tells me that he began about two years ago knowing very little about digital art or animation, but was fascinated watching other coders create art with code. For a while he simply tried to mimic other animations he’d seen, but lately has truly developed his own personal style that varies from pulsating geometric patterns to glitch art and everything in between.

See more at Patakk.



When I first got online, I was fascinated by animated gifs, but I "outgrew" them as I found better, more interesting things to do with a computer. These, however, have renewed my interest in them. I never was able to create anything this unique,though and never will be, but they're still fantastic.

Looking through the examples on the Colossal site, the first one made me laugh, serving as a moving Rorschach test.

This is a screenshot and not the actual animation, so that's why it's not moving, but when I first saw it I thought:


"A full-figured female convict"!

No comments: