Welcome to ToTG!



January 3, 2013

Turning the Page

I've given a lot of thought to getting a Kindle, but have always resisted, thinking that I would always prefer to hold and read a paper book.  I've tried before to read books on the computer and I think that's biased my opinion because I have always done most of my reading in bed just before I go to sleep. (can't curl up with my PC, after all)  Thinking about it, I've decided that holding an e-reader wouldn't be much different than a regular book and might even be better.

You Are a Paper Book

When it comes to reading, you really value quality over quantity. You are a devoted reader.

You don't like to rush through anything you are reading. You like to get up close and personal with your books.

Paper books suit you best, even if they are pricier and more difficult to obtain. Like a good story, they are worth it for you.


Besides, there is nothing you like more than having a beautiful bookshelf full of books you love. No eBook can do that for you. 


Paperback Writer - The Beatles

3 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Twice. In a row. Nice.

Barb said...

I love to read and I read both "real" books and on my e-reader ( I have Barnes and Nobles Nook, one of the early ones).

One thing I love about my nook is when I read in bed at night I can increase the font size so I don't need reading glasses. I also love the way you can go online and download a read any time of the day or night.

I still love visiting the book sales at the library and going to the book stores to browse. There will always be certain books I want on my shelf but I am definitely happy with my Nook.

sharintexas said...

I have a Nook color and love it. Mind has an SD card that I can boot up as an Android tablet and it has the Kindle app with the Amazon books. I also have an iPad with the Kindle app and Nook app. I prefer my Nook for reading though due to it's size. I have a cover on my Nook that makes me feel like I am holding/reading a real book. I belong to lots of sites on Facebook that find free e-books and/or inexpensive e-books. Some of them are so lame I could have written them, but I have some really good ones, too. I would say I have well over 500 books on my iPad. I still love going to the library as well, but I can also borrow library books on my Nook at midnight. I'm not sure I would ever just get a straight e-reader now. I think I would get one of the tablets that can be used with wifi as a mini-computer, too. Just my observation.