Welcome to ToTG!



March 12, 2009

Stopwatch

stopwatch website Stopwatch for websites

From the website:

Would you like to know how long it takes to load a webpage? This program will measure the time for you. Enter the URL to be measured and watch the top of the window.

I checked this blog just now and got a bit over 5 1/2 seconds.



However, I cleared the cache and it took a "lot" longer:



I say a "lot" because I've read most people won't wait much more than seven seconds for a site to load. (I'm one of those impatient people) I had the time down to around four seconds because got rid of some of the hosted feeds/stickies in the right-hand column ...but I've added more since, so that's the reason for the higher times.

I'd put in a poll asking folks what modules they think I should delete, but that would just drive up the load time, so....

No comments: