Welcome to ToTG!



June 9, 2008

I'm a Raconteur Wannabe

From the Word of the Day feed in the right-hand column:

raconteur \rack-on-TUR\, noun: One who excels in telling stories and anecdotes.

He has an excellent raconteur's mind, memory, vocabulary and tongue, brings in a story just at the right time, in the right manner, serves his anecdotes perfectly either piping hot or ice-cold as tragedies.-- Anatole Pohorilenko and James Crump, When We Were Three


The pronunciation makes me think of Dolly Parton travelling from concert to concert.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It took me a minute to get that Dolly Parton joke. You're a nut! I can see you are big into Dolly Parton even though you don't like country music.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

It took me a minute to get that Dolly Parton joke. You're a nut! I can see you are big into Dolly Parton even though you don't like country music.