Welcome to ToTG!



June 16, 2008

I've Got Such a Stupid Face

That's what a bunch of recent emails have told me, anyway. They all call me by name, so I was afraid the truth had gone out just how stupid I really look.

I've been getting them via my mikeintexas Gmail acct.; spoofed headers, etc. but they all say the same thing and link to an .exe file.

Doing some research about it, I've found out I'm not the only one who has a stupid face. (Whew!) Misery (and stupid) loves company.

From the website:

If “video.exe” is downloaded and executed, it will install the Srizbi bot, and effectively turn the computer into a spam machine capable of sending up to 25,000 spam messages per hour.

I'd hate that; my Gmail acct. receives something like 25,000 spam messages per hour and I don't think I would want to send that many.

Actually, I don't think my face is stupid; I mean, it looks like it's done wore out three or four bodies, but....

No, what's stupid was me not obsfucating my email address in this blog.

DOH!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Actually, I look like a cross between Mel Gibson and Homer Simpson.