Welcome to ToTG!



September 1, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes



Seeing all the visits on the more "esoteric" subjects in this blog has made me wonder what people think of them, hence the change.

It's always frustrated me to want to comment in a forum and then find out there's a detailed registration process that requires a valid email addy...and which will suddenly be filled with spam as soon as you click the "enter" button to complete the process. Perhaps that's the reason folks don't want to comment in here: they don't want to go to all the trouble. (although I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a Gmail addy and the features that go along with it, all free.)

We'll see. If people get too hateful, I'll go back to how it was. This is really just a place for my friends and family to visit, featuring this area and of course, starring ME. (I recently read a post that complained most blogs are "ego-centric". Well, duh.)

I had also considered using a template for the posts I make. I could, I suppose, use a background hosted at Photobucket, or I bet I could get one to work out of a Picassa album, just haven't tried. My pal G has even offered up some space on his own domain.


Using a simple table has crossed my simple mind.


Instead, I've decided to stay with the stark look, black and white, some shades of gray, a spash or two of color; it matches the content of this blog, why not?

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sometimes c-c-c-change is good! Hope it pans out for ya Mike!

Mike said...

Aw, I really don't care. All I really want in a "website" is for a total stranger to view it and say "Y'know, that really doesn't suck all that bad."

Funny thing, got a notification of your post and at the same time a Coldplay one about a recent performance that I can view on their website.