Welcome to ToTG!



September 5, 2008

Nothin' But Naval

Another set of those odd coincidences I love.

First thing this morning, I navigate to Drudge to check the news. I read where the U.S. Navy is confronting the Russians in Georgia, but if sending an unarmed ship full of humanitarian aid is "confronting" with a naval force....

(Sometimes Drudge does a broadside with their headlines.)

I then go to my Excite entertainment page and bring up the TV listings for tonight and see where Navy is playing Ball State (ol' Ball U) on ESPN, six o'clock CST - if anyone's interested.

I don't think I will be and I can always turn the channel to TNT and watch "Titanic". Thanks to cable, there's oceans of viewing pleasure. Uh huh.

After checking what's on the tube, I go to Start Sampling to see if there's anything new and to look at the recipes and helpful hints. To add to the odd coincidences, I see that someone is complaining of "naval irritation".

It was a spelling error, they meant "navel"- their belly button- but it just made it that much more amusing.

Later, while searching for a particular file, I found several of my Battleship games. I always liked the one I "made" , but the Miniclip version is my particular favorite.

The day's still young; will there be any more "naval" things to come?

We shall sea.

EDIT: I posted this, then opened up my Yahoo Launchcast player, selected one of the oldies station and got...first song, mind you..."Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay". If it plays "Sea of Love" later....

1 comment:

Mike said...

I guess the mods changed the title, but there's a post that references the original incorrect spelling.