Welcome to ToTG!



September 6, 2008

Slow Ride - Foghat



Remember where you were, what you were doing, the first time you ever heard a certain song?

I certainly do with this one.

It was an early summer afternoon, I was sleeping in the back seat of a speeding car, on my way to a double shift on a drilling rig. I heard one of the guys in the front seat say something like "Where's the fog at?" After having only a few hours of sleep after a regular shift and knowing I had 16 more to go, I wasn't interested in anything other than a little bit more rest before I got to the rig.

Then the speakers blasted out the beginnings to this song.

It's not a favorite song of mine, but I'll always remember where I heard it the very first time. Needless to say, I didn't get a nap in before work.

Check out the guy's eyes right at 1:00 into the video. Creepy. That's how my eyes looked that day.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh I just woke my neighbours with that one ,( and myself ) didnt realise the volume was maximum when I switched on the pc this morning , oh well I sure will be popular
Hadnt heard that song before but I like it , I do like some loud rock at times , off to add it to my loud songs playlist.

Mike said...

I didn't look through all the vids, but this one was the only one I saw with the band members. (the rest were a single graphic and bad quality sound)

Maybe the reason it's not one of my favorites is that it was played all the time that summer, the same way Hotel California got on my nerves. I've still got it marked / rated fairly highly in my jukebox.

Thanks for posting!